[Pharo-project] Weird change in Project class >> spawnNewProcess

Martin Dias tinchodias at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:21:16 EDT 2012

Hi

Debugging a Fuel test case, I discovered something I can't explain myself:
Project class>>#spawnNewProcess is replaced in the middle of the *first*
test run, between serialization and materialization.

This happens the *first time* I run the test in a *clean* Pharo 1.3 image,
after first time, the method doesn't change anymore. In 1.4 we don't have
to problem.

I logged the method sources, and actually there is a difference:

-- during serialization --
'spawnNewProcess
UIProcess := [[World doOneCycle.
Processor yield.
 false] *whileFalse.*
* nil*] newProcess priority: Processor userSchedulingPriority.
 UIProcess resume'

-- during materialization --
'spawnNewProcess

UIProcess := [
 [World doOneCycle.  Processor yield.  false] *whileFalse: [].*
* *] newProcess priority: Processor userSchedulingPriority.
 UIProcess resume'

-- system info --
Pharo1.3 - 13327 - 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
VMMaker-oscog-EstebanLorenzano.139]'

Do you know why this happens?

Thanks,
Martín