[Pharo-project] Building the iOS VM

philippe.back@highoctane.be philippe.back at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 15:05:37 EDT 2012

Currently, I am writing code targetting iOS for an educational game (but no
Smalltalk in  there) That may change.

I am okay with helping getting the iOS VM to work.

The main issue is that what I want is an Xcode projet that is clean. This
is doable, the current Xcode project in the source tree is crappy with
locations not well defined etc. Fixable. But I need to know what to do
first.

Hilaire told me to look here.

I've got an Arduino Uno. In fact, I did a number of ISA (! old) cards, and
interfaces, like oscilloscope board, ... I can hook that back to the
Arduino and then in turn make some Pharo classes (maybe with FFI - I know
some people did stuff but not on OSX) to take the data in. The fun part
would be the visualization of an iPad remotely.

I saw something in Ghent (I am from Belgium). I'll try to go.
Then in Lille, there is also something. I'll go as well.

Depends in fact on how well I recover from my current eye surgery. I am
locked in my home/office for 4 weeks due to retinal detachment :-( - Things
should be okay by then.

For the record, I am a civil engineer and am self employed since 2000.
http//philippeback.eu

Philippe