[Pharo-project] Building the iOS VM

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Mar 24 14:33:07 EDT 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 7:26 PM, philippe.back at highoctane.be wrote:

> I am trying to build the VM for iOS.
> Got the sources from the ci jenkins server (the ones that built last month, as the current one is red).
>
> /platforms has something looking like it. (iOS)
>
> But cog is x86 and iOS is ARM7.
>
> So, I guess that I have to build a StackVM for it to work.

yes

> But there is nothing about iOS in the instructions (Part1, Part2, ...)
>
> The MacOSX VM is documented but not the iOS version.

Indeed.

> As maintenance was taken over from John, how do we build from here?

Esteban is moving to france so right now I'm not sure that he can reply to you. But next week probably.

> My setup: OSX Lion, latest XCode upgraded from Snow Leopard, so I do have GCC on it as well (as LLVM doesn't work).
>
> Target devices: iPad 2 3G, iPad 2 Wifi, iPhone 3GS (All with iOS 5.1).
>
> My wife is a math teacher and my point with all this is to have a working VM running Dr Geo II.

Esteban is working with Hilaire on that. So may be contact hilaire. He is in the mailing-list.

> I am currently having fun with Arduino

with pharo?
What arduino board do you use?
I would like to see a demo? are you attending the pharo conference?

> and would like to bridge it with the iPad through the web (using an Ethernet Shield on the Arduino) - the whole chain running Pharo inside self build VMs.
>
> The ultimate point is to run a summer camp with kids if I can put everything together by then.

I would love that.
Luc and Noury are also working with arduino so we will have fun.