[Pharo-project] Building the iOS VM - Help

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Sat Mar 24 14:25:24 EDT 2012

I am trying to build the VM for iOS.
Got the sources from the ci jenkins server (the ones that built last month,
as the current one is red).

/platforms has something looking like it. (iOS)

But Cog is x86 and iOS is ARM7.

So, I guess that I have to build a StackVM for it to work.

But there is nothing about iOS in the instructions (Part1, Part2, ...)

The MacOSX VM is documented but not the iOS version.

As maintenance was taken over from John, how do we build from here? (I also
tried from a copy out of squeak-svn to no avail).

My setup: OSX Lion, latest XCode upgraded from Snow Leopard, so I do have
GCC on it as well (as LLVM doesn't work).

Target devices: iPad 2 3G, iPad 2 Wifi, iPhone 3GS (All with iOS 5.1).

My wife is a math teacher and my point with all this is to have a working
VM running Dr Geo II.

I am currently having fun with Arduino and would like to bridge it with the
iPad through the web (using an Ethernet Shield on the Arduino) - the whole
chain running Pharo inside self build VMs.

The ultimate point is to run a summer camp with kids if I can put
everything together by then.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail:
phil at highoctane.be| Web:
http://philippeback.eu | Blog:
http://philippeback.be

High Octane SPRL