[Pharo-project] ProtoObject initialize

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:31:37 EDT 2012

I think others could explain the technical reasons, which sincerely I don't
care at all. Conceptually I guess the designer :) wanted to have a closure
with some kind of dummy object to represent the "Je pense donc je suis"
(ego cogito, ergo sum), similarly, ProtoObject knows that it doesn't
understand, then it doesn't understand... but that's only a
cartesian-platonic route to knowledge representation, if you want to expand
the system at this level, you may start modeling interesting knowledge
acquisition and cognitive processes, only to finally be accused of not
making money for your boss :)
Cheers,

Hernán