[Pharo-project] Custom method browser "trick"

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:53:50 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I'm working on my re-underscoring of GSL.  It's been a lot of work, but I really believe it will pay off in the future in terms of being able more easily find methods of interest because with underscores, they look like the things one might find in the manual.   It was *really* important with PLplot which has names that are surprisingly cryptic to start.

Back to GSL, I wanted a list of methods that contain the "old" structure prefix (SGsl - not sure why I chose that...), are not in a category of old items, and are not simply in the old stucts (#fields, accessors).  The following seems to do the job:

        | nav suspects |

    nav := SystemNavigation new.
    suspects := nav
                            allMethodsWithSourceString:'SGsl'
                            matchCase:true.
    suspects := suspects reject:[ :each |
        each category = 'public-old'
            or:[ each classSymbol beginsWith:'SGsl' ] ].

    nav
        browseMessageList:suspects
        name: 'Methods referencing old GSL structs'
        autoSelect:'SGsl'.

It might be a useful trick for some of you??  HTH.

Bill