[Pharo-project] Pharo and an old plotter

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:52:38 EDT 2012

The plotter needs only 6 pins (gnd, pen, axe, direction, step, ready)
so it can be controlled directly via LPT. I firstly successfully tried
a windows machine with a parallel port.

For USB connection I used Arduino with serial communication where
Arduino accepts simple basic commands and when it's done it sends a
message to get the next ones. It's on Linux with latest CogVM but I
had to create symlink from /dev/ttyUSB0 to /dev/ttySx and open the
port by number (x), not by the name. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr/msg60816.html

-- Pavel