[Pharo-project] Understanding RunArray>>scanFrom:

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Wed Mar 21 07:50:45 EDT 2012

On Mar 21, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Camillo Bruni wrote:

>> i would also prefer disabling any styling in class comments
>> because often, when you copy/paste styled text into class comment, it
>> remains styled..
>
> for class comments I would rather go with something like Markdown for formatting? which stays readable as is without formatting.

Yes, I would say so... I have to admit that I am a fan of the general "beyond ASCII" idea of which one sees a tiny gimpse of a shadow
in Squeak... but the way it was done in Squeak was never really good enough and people did not use it at all. (Partly because
both Morphic and it's text model as well as the UI never was any good...). E.g. the first thing you want in comments is embedding
Figures (e.g. of Datastructures)... or even life working examples.

Is there anything that Squeak Rich Text (of the kind that is serializable as a method style) can do that Markdown can not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de