[Pharo-project] Any theme or settings that will speed up a Pharo 1.3 image?

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Mar 20 09:49:37 EDT 2012

On 20 Mar 2012, at 14:03, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> On 2012-03-19, at 20:54, Marcus Denker wrote:
>>> You used your own images for Pinocchio, or was Pinocchio just fast enough for the standard images?
>>>
>> Pinnocio can't run the image... it's ("just ;-)") a compiler from smalltalk to binary code... the .exe then boostraps an image,
>> but there is no support to persist that (nor support for all the primitives.. and no GC other than Boehm).
>
> indeed ;) we tricked around the image :D
>
> stefan, do you rely on a visual interface? (rhetorical question) ;)

Well, I have a small class that does the startup handling for me and immediately runs the code I need.
I did not want to spend the time to port your changes that I saw for 1.4.
And I didnt want to look into Coral...

A simple 'diable transparence' or so, to get a 10x speed up would have been nice.
But I guess that would really mean 'disable morphic' instead...

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr