[Pharo-project] Wait or not?

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 04:23:09 EDT 2012


Hi,

I would like to ask you on your opinion about time scale of some big
repackaging steps. At start we talk about issue 5520
(http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5520#makechanges)
that should rename Morphic package to Morphic-Base. The reason to do
it is to prepare Morphic and MorphicTests packages for the next
reorganization, namely to separate Morphic-Core package(s) with
content of the uMorphic image (the minimal morphic image with only the
most basic subset of the Morphic).

The question is if we want to do it now or wait on the verson 1.5. At
start it is only the reorganization of packages that should not change
any behavior of the system. On the other hand, we may expect that it
will bring some sort-term problems.

Cheers,
-- Pavel




More information about the Pharo-dev mailing list