[Pharo-project] Dedicated to days of wasted time in your life, formatting source code for replacing spaces with tabs

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:50:02 EDT 2012

sorry for not explaining the feature properly..

I just wanna ask, what do you think, it we're going to integrate that:
 a) should it be optional or we can use it by default?
 b) if it is optional, what is default setting on/off?

I vote for (a).. Because:
What i finding hard is imagining situation, where old behavior will be
less time consuming/more appropriate.
Can anyone can come up with cons arguments?

While is important to fully control each whitespace character(s)
separately, when you editing/typing text (as in languages like Python
they even make it part of syntax... (what a stupid idea.. can't resist
sorry)), for navigating the text an importance of stepping over every
whitespace character seems to be leaning to zero.. (well, at least in
my eyes).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.