[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] GSoC application submitted, 22 ideas collected

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Mar 10 01:11:18 EST 2012

There's a bunch of different ways that R interfaces/bindings can go,
apparently.

 From what I can see, most straightforward way to interface with R would
be to create a WorkSpace that can send WorkSpace input to an R
interpreter and echo the output back to the workspace. You want
something more than that, I assume.

There's at least two Ruby interfaces to R that I could find. There's at
least one Python interface.  My cursory reading from a few months ago
didn't make clear the difference between the library bindings, the
interfaces and the GUIs, so there's probably a lot of overlap.

Lawson