[Pharo-project] GSoC: ARM jitter for Squeak VM

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:20:53 EST 2012

Hi Elliot,

I'm probably the least qualified of the people who have responded so far -
but if at all possible I'd love to try and help.

If you want something to do now, the first thing to do is to produce an ARM
> simulator plugin, analogous to the Bochs simulator.  The first thing to do
> is go out and find a suitable software simulator, written in either C or
> C++ (cuz these suit the plugin compilation system) and play with it,
> configuring an ARM and running some simple assembler on it.

In terms of ARM emulators a popular one seems to be QEMU [1] - the Android
simulator uses it.

Cheers

Nick

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QEMU