[Pharo-project] EPUB view for Pier Books

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Mar 8 11:51:13 EST 2012

On 08/03/12 2:58 AM, Nick Ager wrote:
> Have you had any luck viewing the output ePUB file with iBooks on iOS? I
> tried with my iPhone but it wouldn't open. I also noticed that the
> section link wasn't numbered - any thoughts?

I don't have iBooks, iOS, iPhone to try, but I'll try the dev simulator
on MacOSX.

I'm not sure what is meant by section link number. The EPUB standard
appeared to be a maze of other standards and some now deprecated specs.
So rather than decipher the spec, I unzipped a few example EPUB books,
and gleaned a small subset to implement.

Here's my plan:

1. Add my test Pier book as a TestCase
2. Add a way to include a .css stylesheet
3. Fix bugs reported on different platforms