[Pharo-project] [ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Mar 5 03:32:29 EST 2012

HI janko

Here is a project for the pharo core team

> Your project idea should be written as answers to these questions:

 Name: Bootstrapping the core
 Level Advanced
 Possible mentor: S. Ducasse
 Possible second mentor: I Stasenko

 Description
	The goal of the project is to support the bootstrapping of a image based on a list of operations.

 Technical Details
	This works is a follow up on the effort we started around hazelnuts http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Seed
	We will continue working on system tracer and we will revisit the decisions we took in hazelnuts

 Benefits to the Student
	Learn about in the internal of the system and bootstrapping techniques.

 Benefits to the Community
	Have a new kernel that builds from sources systematically