[Pharo-project] pharo-seed and pharo

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Mar 2 17:31:40 EST 2012

On Mar 2, 2012, at 11:11 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>> Ok. So I downloaded the first Pharo Core 1.4:
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28660/PharoCore-1.4-14000.zip
>>
>> but, I still do not know what packages to load. Is there an easy way to figure these ones out (and in particular the loading order)?
>

> It's not possible to turn 1.4000 into the current one by loading packages in one step.
> because there are lots of objects that need to be migrated... it's a living system.
>
> There was *a lot* of manual fiddling involved, even just from one step to the next.

As a very simple example of a change that will be integrated soon:

An example of a *single* change that is not loadable with monticello.

For a slighlty more complex one:

This one will be loaded as a hand-orderd changeset...

There are many, many examples... changes to MC, replacing the EventSensor
classes (and removing the old ones later...), changes in collections....

	Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de