[Pharo-project] Monticello Version Info

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Mar 2 12:08:21 EST 2012

Chris,

The last time I delved into the area there was one line of code in Monticello (I was looking at pharo) that compared the file UUID and it might have been involved in hashing. At one point the UUID calculation was broken in Pharo and noone noticed until they tried to load the package into GemStone (which is using an older version of Monitcello) and things went haywire:)

So yes the name is the primary lookup mechanism...

You might have gotten messed up by changing the name of the mcz file to NOT match the internal package name ... there are definitely expectations in the Monticello ecosystem that the package name and file name match at some level...

Dale