[Pharo-project] New IDE alternative (was Misc. newbie questions)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:00:55 EST 2012

On 2 March 2012 17:53, Sebastian Sastre <sebastian at flowingconcept.com> wrote:
> it sounds like having a couple interesting features.
>
> In system browsers I always felt missing the feature of a good tree
> component (where the whole hierarchy is always available) while finding the
> packages pane a terrible use of screen's real state.

+100.

We need package hierarchy on screen. Yes. But it is enough ONE on screen,
but not in every open browser window.
I think that if we measure how often we using each of the panes in
4-pane layout
i spending 99% of time in rightmost two, and using leftmost mainly to
search for a class (which would make it completely
unnecessary if we could have a shortcut for searching class from anywhere),
and second one (class list) only occasionally.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.