[Pharo-project] Is athens configuration loading?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:11:01 EST 2012

On 1 March 2012 08:42, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great news. Just a couple of questions:
> - Where is the configuration?
> - What else do I need to install on Mac or on Windows?

A config residing in same place as rest of it: SqS/Athens.

There are two different backends now:
 - balloon
 - cairo

to use balloon surfaces (see subclasses of AthensSurface)
you can use any VM, because implementation is based on what is available from VM

to use cairo surfaces, which using cairo library, first you need VM
with NativeBoost (go to jenkins and dl VM from there),
and second you need the library itself, which on macs should be built
using ports

port install cairo +universal
(it is important to use +universal, since VM is 32bit, and if you omit
this option, by default it will build everything with 64bits only).

I had no time to check how to get cairo library on other platforms,
but AFAIK, it should be much simpler to macs, since
you can just download binaries from the project site.

Then the only thing you need to change is to modify
#nbLibraryNameOrHandle method in TCairoLibrary to point to right
location of the library.
But i didn't tried to use it on something else than macs,(that's why
version number is 0.1 ;)
so you might try, but there's no guarantees that it will work.

I would like to describe athens in more detail, like what is working,
and what to expect,
and what is general design behind it, but i will do it separately and
most probably put it as a post on my blog (yeah, i have one, which i
haven't used for 2 years i think ;).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.