[Pharo-project] [Moose-dev] Magritte / XML bridge

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri Jun 29 04:54:14 EDT 2012

Am 28.06.2012 um 21:15 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to show in the magritte chapter I'm revisiting a bit more meat.
> I'm playing with magritte 30 and I would like to know if there is a way to save objects based on their magritte description.

Yes, there is. There is a description in an old blog post of mine [1]. Don't be misled that magritte2 is mentioned there. It works as well with magritte3 (thanks to Nick Ager). You can get it

Gofer new
	renggli: 'magritte3addons';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfMagritte3AddOns';
	load

and load the default.

In a nutshell:

You add to your descriptions "beXmlAttribute" or "beXmlElement". Then you can store an object with

myObject magritteDescription toXml: myObject

hope that helps,

Norbert

[1] http://norbert.hartl.name/blog/magritte-xmlbinding/