[Pharo-project] Trouble loading XML RPC

garduino garduino at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:26:30 EDT 2012

Hi:

Sorry the late answer....

If you take an 1.4 stock image, and evaluates (as is commented on
http://code.google.com/p/pharo-xmlrpc/):

Gofer it
        url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/XMLRPC';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfXMLRPC';
        load.

and then:

(ConfigurationOfXMLRPC project version: '1.0-Beta4')  load: 'All'.

the whole stuff should load.

I noticed an error:

This package depends on the following classes:
  TranscriptStream
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  isTranscriptStream

(May be another thing changed in Pharo that I need to know and fix, press
proceed to load anyway).

But the bad new is that in 1.4 I've some errors on tests, mainly a serious
one in server that freeze the image, caution. However, the XMLRPC Client
seems to work.

XMLRPC is always in my to-do list but a project in what I can invest only a
portion of my limited free time.

The latest new was that I adapted the Client to use with Zinc, but need
still to make the same thing with the server, then all xmlrpc should install
and run in a stock image, without need Komanche for example.

With respect to Pharo 2.0 I can't help, not tried yet.

HTH.
Germán.