[Pharo-project] start thinking on summer release of Pharo 1.4

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Jun 23 23:27:43 EDT 2012

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> I want to review bug fixes integrated in 2.0 [1] and see if any should be
> included for 1.4 per
> http://forum.world.st/Backporting-fixes-tp4633625p4633635.html
>
> [1]
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=1&q=status%3AIntegrated+Milestone%3D2.0+Type%3DBug

I did a first pass on the 2.0 fix list. I created an issue:
Issue 6144:	Port 2.0 bug fixes to 1.4 for summer release

Each comment contains a port of a fix that was integrated in 2.0 and
conforms to Marcus' guidelines for including in 1.4 [2]. The slices were all
created with 1.4 #14444. Please add any that I missed...

Cheers,
Sean

[2] guidelines for bug fixes to a released version of Pharo (i.e. 1.4):
  - No new features.
  - No cleanups
  - If a bug was there in Pharo 1.1 already and we lived with it for years,
fixing it in the current dev version is (in many cases) enough. (There are
exceptions, but is does not happen often).