[Pharo-project] #assert:equals:

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Jun 22 08:56:58 EDT 2012

Camillo Bruni-3 wrote

> I hate to go and re-eavluate the code to see what was wrong during
> comparison...
> ...self assert: self someExpressionReturningFalse = self
> someExpressionReturningTrue
> how the heck do you know what went wrong?

Yes, that's exactly it!

Camillo Bruni-3 wrote

> I don't like it particularly, it feels too java-ish, I prefer much more
> the "shoulder"
> framework written in bern.
>     self someExpressionReturningFalse should = self
> someExpressionReturningTrue

+1!

Re the framework, do you mean Phexample? I *really* like the matchers, like
the one you mentioned above. Although I don't like the way tests build on
each other. It's a great idea, but a failing given should cause the test to
be skipped, which we don't have in Pharo (the best we can do is probably
have it be an error, which is better than a failing test, but not by much)