[Pharo-project] Worskpace question

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Thu Jun 21 10:13:36 EDT 2012

Hi:

On 21 Jun 2012, at 15:57, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> I bet there is a Morphic API that allows you to process the next drawing request.
>
> Hmm, that sounds like forcing the framework... I think that having a second process is the right way...

For an experiment? Getting the concurrency right in a second process sound a lot less appealing than using `World doOneCycle`, which seems to be used in other places for the same purpose as well:

MorphicUIManager>>#spawnNewProcess
	UIProcess := [
		[World doOneCycle.  Processor yield.  false] whileFalse: [].
	] newProcess priority: Processor userSchedulingPriority.
	UIProcess resume

Best regards
Stefan

--