[Pharo-project] Opal ?

Jean Baptiste Arnaud jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:16:00 EDT 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 3:06 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Jean Baptiste Arnaud wrote:
>
>> ok

>>> There is a problem: this is not finished. The problem is that it is not really useful right now.
>> As  I understand (stop me if i am wrong) , it doesn't really matters, the idea is to put annotation on an ast for inject code.
>> I think it is usable in state for that use. Maybe not for full remplacement of the current compiler.
>> But i thinks, it is painless to implement with opal comparing to the energy needed for change the old one.
>
> The problem is that the code generated should be correct... its almost there... some days...
I understand but the logic itself will not change.  The design is done. The used case too. But it is not perfect but you put a lot of energy on it.
M. Goubier  want to to port its code, i think it should try, and if some problem happen raise the issue. Instead to try and spend week on the old compiler.
The experiment match perfectly with the opal Spirit. And we have someone motivated to perform a experiment on Opal, don't say no.

> 	Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Best Regards