[Pharo-project] Spec version 1.0

Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:29:34 EDT 2012

Hello every one :)

I am glad to announce the version 1.0 of Spec which introduce a couple of nice features like:
	- 10 times faster
	- better semantic
	- better layout management

You can load it in Pharo 1.4 by executing the following snippet:

Gofer new
	url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Spec';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfSpec';
	load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSpec) perform: #loadDefault.

In Pharo 2.0, Spec version 1.0 will be integrated soon :)

In addition, we provide a TechReport about Spec[1] which presents:
	- an example of how to build a UI using Spec, and how to reuse existing widgets,
	- the public API of the basic widgets

I would like to thank Johan Fabry and Stéphane Ducasse who both really helped me for this release :)

Ben

[1] http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/70/80/67/PDF/SpecTechReport.pdf