[Pharo-project] ScriptManager config in 1.4

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 03:28:03 EDT 2012

>Why is the repo for the metacello config browser for 2.0 empty ?
>Are these repos world writeable ?

Usually the config browser repos should be filled with configs that work
in a stable release.

So www.squeaksource.com/MetaRepoForPharo14 includes anything that
has proved to work on Pharo 1.4 and by copying the config from
project repos or www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository to
www.squeaksource.com/MetaRepoForPharo14 it will appear in the
list of Configuration Browser.

I wrote it as a simple replacement for SqueakMap and for people
like me who dont remember loading scripts and want to use the
mouse for loading ;)

And yes the repo for 1.4 is writeable. If you have a config that
is known to work for 1.4. you can copy it there and it will
be available. Make sure it contains a symbolic stable version
for instance in ConfigurationOfScriptManager you will find:

    stable: spec
	<symbolicVersion: #stable>

	spec for: #'pharo1.1.x' version: '1.2'.
	spec for: #'pharo1.2.x' version: '1.2'.
	spec for: #'pharo1.3.x' version: '1.3'.
	spec for: #'pharo1.4.x' version: '1.4'.

Pharo 2.0 is neither stable nor released thats why the repo is still
empty. Also the 2.0 repo is on SmalltalkHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Packages20/main) and I dont
know whats planned here. Dont know about the state/progress of
SmalltalkHub and wonder why we dont use a
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/MetaRepoForPharo20.

Stef: any comments here?

Bye
T.