[Pharo-project] Integer>>asDateFromZip

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Jun 19 11:23:06 EDT 2012

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote

> I tagged issue 6054 as FixToInclude.

While making a slice, I found a related bug and needed to cleanup some
FS-related stuff. The slice needs a review (although I'm confident about it,
see "Successfully loaded" part below). Like Sven said, not being able to
load code is a severe bug, so let's get this checked and integrated!!

Fix in inbox:
SLICE-Issue-6054-Error-when-reading-zip-files-with-Squeak-datetime-format-SeanDeNigris.1
* When reading zip files, treat invalid, error-causing DOS timestamps as the
old, incorrect format from Squeak
  - Fix ZipFileMember>>read*DirectoryFileHeader* methods
  - Add (now)-passing test for timestamp that caused the issue to be
reported (see comment 1 in issue or test comment)
* Delegate DOS timestamp processing to DateAndTime
  - Remove date/time zip/unzip methods from ArchiveMember
  - Update Zip*Member reading/writing methods
  - Remove zip-related methods and protocols from Date, Time, and Integer
  - Remove associated tests
* When writing directories to zip files, append trailing slash to name,
which is required (at least Mac OS X can't handle without)

Successfully loaded slice into 20140
* all compression tests pass
* The following fails before slice, passes after "ZipArchive new readFrom:
'/path/to/Balloon-CamilloBruni.85.mcz'"