[Pharo-project] start thinking on summer release of Pharo 1.4

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Jun 17 15:10:24 EDT 2012

I have been a vocal critic of configs, largely on grounds of excessive complexity, but I find your message a bit harsh.

Long delays and hangs are BAD, but that can be addressed using background threads.  This is a prime example of why say that sockets should never block the entire image (only calling thread) and should not have anything to say about timeouts - the latter are an app programming/user decision.

The list of configs appearing in the browser is encouraging.  I'd hope to see ODBC listed too, but Glorp is there.  If all of these configs offer and can load a #stable version, that would be huge progress.

Bill