[Pharo-project] senders search symbols, class references shouldn't do it as well?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun Jun 17 04:03:13 EDT 2012

On Jun 16, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> If I search senders of 'foo' I do get those method that has #foo inside. However, if I search class references to Bar, it doesn't found methods that have something like Smalltalk at: #Bar.
> shouldn't it also find this?

This is not really possible. "senders of" is actually "has this symbol in the literal array".

the class references, it searches for class bindings in the literal array.

both are *very* simplistic. The system is not searching for "message sends" or "class references" at all.

What you want would mean far more analysis, with real semantical knowledge that is not available on that level.

	Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de