[Pharo-project] DBXTalk & seaside / success in Pier one-click / my 1.4 woes follow-up

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:36:14 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 12/06/12 3:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>>        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) project version: '1.8')
>>        load.
>>

>>    I use version 1.7, but because I don't want the other packages in
>>    the image,
>>

>> what do you mean with that phrase?
>>

> It's badly worded. Here's another attempt...
>
> I use version 1.7, but I don't load it using ConfigurationOfFuel, because
> I don't want the other packages (such as benchmarks, SIXX, etc.). So, I
> load just the packages: ...

In we DO NOT load SIXX, or other serializers (but yes our Benchmark
package, progressUpate and examples)

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) project version: '1.7') record
  ->  a MetacelloNullRecordingMCSpecLoader(linear load :
    linear load : 1.7 [ConfigurationOfFuel]
        load : Fuel-MartinDias.479
        load : FuelTests-MartinDias.157
        load : FuelProgressUpdate-MartinDias.27
        load : FuelBenchmarks-MartinDias.88
        load : FuelExamples-MartinDias.5)

Now, in Version 1.8  by default we only install the core and the tests of
the core:

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) project stableVersion record

-> a MetacelloNullRecordingMCSpecLoader(linear load :
    linear load : 1.8 [ConfigurationOfFuel]
        load : Fuel-MartinDias.685
        load : FuelTests-MartinDias.267
        load : FuelCompatibilityBeforePharo20-MartinDias.4)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com