[Pharo-project] thinking about another commit process

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Jun 9 08:36:13 EDT 2012

Hi guys

I would really like to see if we cannot have another way to integrate change in the system. A more open one.

Now we have Ulyss the monkey and a bunch of ruby scripts that can really help us. I will sit with esteban and benjmain
when ben is back to see but it is just one part of the problem.

With esteban we were working on using metacello to maintain/evolution Pharo, i.e. recursive management of configurationOf.
Now I would really like to see how we be faster too.

I do not know how the squeak trunk is working once the packages are publish in trunk.

But I would like to have a process where commiters can push in a head (special repos) and that the system integrate itself (modulo that there is no conflicts), i.e.
create new configurations and all the rest….

What do you think?

Setf