[Pharo-project] Backporting fixes

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:25:10 EDT 2012

On 7 June 2012 13:37, Helene Bilbo <thereluctantprogrammer at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Marcus Denker-4 wrote

>>> If you do that, can you add a note to the bug tracker that you did it?
>>> takes 2 seconds.
>>
>> In general, I think there is a miss-conception of how things are done.
>>
>> The secret is: Things are done because they are done.
>>
>>       Marcus
>>

> Well, of course.
> My question (and Sean’s i think) were more of the kind: „explain us how
> things are done", and not "please do this for me“. So if it is of any value
> if i load a fix in a fresh 1.4 image and run tests - but as in the FileList
> case do not really understand what is going on - is of any help, i will
> gladly do it.
> Helene.

Helene, don't think that confirming that it works (or not) don't have a value.
It has HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE value.
Actually it is one of the most important things: i tend to have lack
of confidence in changes i make,
and i don't want to rush them into image unless someone will take a
look at them or confirm it works for them. And many others doing the
same. Review is very important to assure quality of changes.

And you'll do a lot of contribution by simply loading the code and
test if it works.
And sure thing it would be better if you could understand the nature of changes
but it is impossible since there are too many changes in too many areas,
so we must put a trust to people who did the fix, and most probably
know better than you (or pretends to have ;)

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.