[Pharo-project] Backporting fixes

Helene Bilbo thereluctantprogrammer at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 7 07:37:05 EDT 2012

Marcus Denker-4 wrote

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Jun 7, 2012, at 11:07 AM, Helene Bilbo wrote:
>>

>>> Sean P. DeNigris wrote

>>> What does it take to do this? I often file in bug-fixes from the
>>> issue-tracker, test it for my own projects, run the available tests -
>>> but of
>>> course i often do not understand why a fix works, or if it is well made.
>>

>> If you do that, can you add a note to the bug tracker that you did it?
>> takes 2 seconds.
>
> In general, I think there is a miss-conception of how things are done.
>
> The secret is: Things are done because they are done.
>
> 	Marcus

Well, of course.
My question (and Sean’s i think) were more of the kind: „explain us how
things are done", and not "please do this for me“. So if it is of any value
if i load a fix in a fresh 1.4 image and run tests - but as in the FileList
case do not really understand what is going on - is of any help, i will
gladly do it.
Helene.