[Pharo-project] Something does not work with issue tracker status

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:47:12 EDT 2012

Hi guys. Previously, we use to mark issues as "Fixed" once someone proposed
a solution. Now we have to first put it as ""FixReviewNeeded" and then when
someone else takes the time to review it put it as "FixToInclude".
Now...the problem is that nobody reviews and issues get outdated. And then,
when trying to load the slice or .cs it does not work anyomre, or it is
outdated, or whatever. Meaning that it has to be regenerated and we spend
the double of time. So, what can we do to improve this????  ideas:

1) We should be more confident ourselves. Imagine we have proposed
something and it is as "FixReviewNeeded".  If we have run the tests, and we
didn't break anything, and the problem is really fixed, and the topic is
not something REALLY critical, and no one has reviewed your issue, why not
to putting it as "FixToInclude" ?

2) We really need people helping review changes. There are only a few guys
that do this. You DON'T need to be an expert. "FixReviewNeeded" does not
mean "HasToBeReviewedByAGuruExperiencedHacker". It just means "it just
requires another eyes". So, please, help us review issues. Is the only way
to improve.

so, what do you think?

--
Mariano