[Pharo-project] Loading Nautilus / Spec in 1.4

Patrik Sundberg patrik.sundberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:53:34 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Benjamin wrote:
>
> > The last version loads in 1.4 if I remove the inst var duplication
>
> yes but for example we wanted to load versionner and this is not the
> client (the guy loading the other packages) that
> have to know.
> Anyway having duplicated instance variables is a bug so we should fix it.

Btw, I quickly ran into problems - renaming a method throws DNU etc. Seems
we're at an unfortunate point where 2.0 is at a point of instability (I run
into metacello and announcement issues), and 1.4 doesn't play nicely with
Nautilus. The bits I was hoping to use was nautilus and metacello and my
code would use SystemAnnouncements :/

Perhaps I'll go with 1.4 and the old events for now.