[Pharo-project] ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Thu Jul 26 11:45:07 EDT 2012

"Torsten Bergmann" <astares at gmx.de> writes:

>>So to me it seems this is a problem in the ODBC Driver vor Access, but I
>>could not imagine that no-one ever have treated Doubles while trying to
>>access MS Access with Pharo.
>
> Maybe you should try the newest runtime for Access 2010:
I don't think you can expect that an Access runtime 2010 can
handle an access 2003 application. That's not very likely.

> to see if it is really a ODBC driver problem.
>
> According to [1] and [2] this should be 15 instead of 53
> for SQL_DOUBLE. Correct?
Yes.

I tested this result also with an C programm and yes indeed it is 53 and
this is wront. It probably is the number of bit sin the mantissa of a
Double.

A work around may be not to use this query of the column but "hack" it
that it just picks 15 bytes. I guess it tries to load all the 53 bits
and well, who knows what bits pattern there may be around a Double...

Hardly anything meaningful.