[Pharo-project] RPackage registration mess

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:24:35 EDT 2012

My bad :/.

BTW, we have to introduce one method to restore the system subscriptions to
a good state whatever was the state before.  And that way we do not mess it
so easily again.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com>wrote:

> so once again rpackage is registered to the wrong announcer...
>
> I figured out that update 20200 first introduced this bug by wrongly
> resetting RPackage:

> It registered RPackageOrganizer to MCWorkingCopy announcer but
>
>    SystemAnnouncer announcer == MCWorkingCopy announcer
>
> and by default RPackageOrganizer registers to SystemAnnouncer
> privateAnnouncer.
>
> obviously we got a double registration of RPackageOrganizer after this.
> Which can be easily fixed by doing:
>
>     RPackageOrganizer registerInterestToSystemAnnouncement.
>
> The invariant that should hold is
>

>         self assert: SystemAnnouncer announcer hasSubscriber:
> RPackageOrganizer default = false.
>         self assert: SystemAnnouncer privateAnnouncer hasSubscriber:
> RPackageOrganizer default.
>
> however I still can't figure out where the damn bug got introduced again...

until a few updates ago, the RPackage tests were not restoring the
SystemAnnouncer correctly on tearDown.  Probably it was in there...