[Pharo-project] ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Thu Jul 26 02:49:22 EDT 2012

"Torsten Bergmann" <astares at gmx.de> writes:

> Sorry - no MSAccess installation here to help you with the
> problem. Dont know if ODBC package is still maintained.
>
> Maybe you should switch to DBXTalk which can also
> be used with ODBC
>
> http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/
Ok I  tried that and well the connection string for
th|settings platform connection|
settings := DBXConnectionSettings
			host: 'localhost'
			port: ''
			database: 'MandantDB'
			userName: ''
			userPassword: ''.
platform := DBXOdbcBackend new.
connection := DBXConnection platform: platform settings: settings.

connection connect.

connection isConnected true
connection open.e ODBC connecton may be wrong.

I come till isconnected but while  running open I got an
error that  this datasource name is not know.

Well fine the same Database name allows me to connect to  the
database with the ODBC stuff...

So what's supposed to be written in the DBXConnectionSettings?

Regards