[Pharo-project] markdown to latext and html

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Wed Jul 25 05:22:42 EDT 2012

Hi

To support the publication in pdf and html directly, plus let people not to bother about latex,
I would really to experiment the following for the next chapters of books.
I do not know well markdown but I would like to know if the following makes sense.

	I would like to see if we can use markdown (plus some extensions for in text annotation, figure definition)
	as pivot language and to be able to generate latex and html from it.

From a simple analysis of current chapter here are the needs:

structure
	title (with ref)
	section (with ref)
	subsection
	paragraph
	itemize/enumerate
	code snippet (with ref)
	figure with caption and ref

inside a text area
	link
	code
	comment for editor
	citation
	reference

I probably miss some of them but this is the core and we can reduce the number from the latex stand point.
What do you think? Does markdown support the item above.
Is the petitMarkdown parser working? Because I would like to write a visitor that generates the latex we use for the book.

I would like to use Zinc documentation as a test.

Stef