[Pharo-project] ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Wed Jul 25 10:52:58 EDT 2012

I'm not sure if I should  post it here, but I can not see another place
where I  should post it.

I've a problem with the fetching of Double numbers form an Access
Database.

I'll attach a test database.

You can register  this database in the ODBC configuration and then
you just have to run:
con := ODBCConnection dsn: 'testDB' user: '' password:  ''.

(con query: 'select * from tblTest') execute: ''.

Then inspect the  result and see the value of DoubleValue is
wrong/broken.

e.g it is: 123 and
while fetchin it I  get:

an ODBCRow(#DoubleValue->2.0302831328797532e-307 #ID->1 )

Which sureley is some very very small number ;-(

So I think the code for the data adaption may be the problem.

AFAIKT the ODBCColumn Descriptions looks ok. Anyway there must be some
kind of problem.

Regards
Friedrich