[Pharo-project] Way to see diffs between different builds?

Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:25:58 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-25, at 14:10, Patrik Sundberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to see the diffs (in terms of changes to image) between one
> 2.0 build number and another? I don't see any obvious link on the CI server
> to it, and the github export seems to be done in a way that makes the diffs
> enourmous.

you can use the git repos and filter out non-st methods:
git diff $VERSION_A $VERSION_B -- $(git diff --name-only $VERSION_A $VERSION_B | grep .st)

Git even has a utility to find the version that introduced a certain bug :)
http://incitecode.com/2009/10/13/finding-bugs-with-git-bisect/

> If not, is there a way to do it in image? I can only see changes for
> individual MC packages, not a more system level diff to see exactly what
> changed from one build to another.

We should have a global Pharo MC Package which has all other packages as
dependencies, that would simplify quite a few things here...

Otherwise you're stuck with downloading the image for a specific version
which might be corrupted, and thus leaves you without any chance of
inspecting the changes...