[Pharo-project] fuelized test failures

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:29:16 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com>wrote:

> From now on all the test-failures are serialized on the build server.
>
> This allows us to quickly find the cause of a failing test:
> - download the .fuel file for the failing test
> - materialize the .fuel in the image and debug the code
>         | aContext |
>         aContext := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed:
> 'PharoDebug.fuel'.
>         Debugger openContext: aContext label:  'This is the new debugger!'
> contents: nil

does it really work for you?? I am trying to materialize, for example,
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo%202.0/job/pharo-2.0-tests/ws/Architecture/32/OS/mac/Pharo-2.0-AfterRunningTests/ClassHierarchyTest-testMethodDuplication.fuel

and I get:

FLClassNotFound: Materialization error. Class named #HDTestReport not found

That happens because during serialization the graph somehow reached the
class HDTestReport (probably a sender at some point in the stack). But now,
when materializing, such class is not present. So...is there in the
workspace an image with the jenkins stuff?
Anyway, the idea was to include this directly in Pharo, wasn't it?

Thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com