[Pharo-project] Keymapping - Class vs. Instance Targets

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Jul 16 12:06:43 EDT 2012

Guillermo Polito wrote

> - static shortcuts (per class)
> - dynamic category shortcuts ( you build a category and attach it to an
> instance)

The thing is that these two conflict. If I add a category to a class in the
"static shortcuts" (which I consider to be "default shortcuts" - I think
that's more useful), and then I want to remove that category for an
instance, I can't.

What I want is: each instance gets its own copy of all its maps. If the
morph instance doesn't have any per-instance customizations, this can point
to the class defaults to save space (but I think this would be premature
optimization). However, as soon as the instance differs at all from the
class defaults, it /must/ have it's own local copy of all the maps. I don't
want to have to override each shortcut of a category attached to the class.
I want to detach the category /for just this instance/.