[Pharo-project] Keymapping - Class vs. Instance Targets

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:53:26 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com>wrote:

> I've run into a lot of trouble implementing the vim bindings because morph
> instances don't make local copies of the class's maps, so there's no way to
> override class defaults in an instance. For example, for a particular
> instance, I can't detach a category that is attached to the class without
> detaching it from all instances, which I think will not work anyway because
> existing instances don't pick up those changes.

Coming alive again.  In a previous email I told you about three mechanisms
to configure shortcuts:

- static shortcuts (per class)
- dynamic category shortcuts ( you build a category and attach it to an
instance)
- single shortcuts per instance

The thing is that you can mix the three above, having the three working
together.  The lookup mechanism in a morph is:

- first single shortcuts
- second dynamic category shortcuts
- finally static shortcuts

So, you can put a base static configuration and override stuff with dynamic
shortcuts.  But to be sincere, I've never tried a complex configuration
like that :)

Is that useful for you?

Guille