[Pharo-project] [update 2.0] #20209

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Jul 13 18:08:33 EDT 2012

On Jul 13, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>

>> On 13 Jul 2012, at 15:44, Marcus Denker wrote:
>>
>>> Issue 6356:	some cleanups related to methods moved away from SmalltalkImage (vm and os related)
>>> 	http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6356
>>
>> OK. but how can a poor library developer trying to write code that has to remain compatible with 1.3 and 1.4 deal with this ?
>>
>> Have a look at
>>
>> ZnUserAgentSettings class>>#platformDetails
>> 	^ self platform platformName, ' ', self platform platformSubtype, ' ', self platform osVersion
>>
>> Now, this is a deprecated class in Zn as well, but rewriting
>>
>> self platform osVersion

>> self platform os version
>>
>> does not seem to give the same result in 1.4
>>
>> Any suggestions ?

We could just add a good version of  #version to SystemPlatform in 1.4.
Because what is called on 1.4 is #version of ClassDescription which is related to a
concept of class versions which seems to be some arcane stuff in need of cleanup.

version
	"Return the version number string of the platform we're running on"
	"OSPlatform version"

	^(Smalltalk vm getSystemAttribute: 1002) asString

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de