[Pharo-project] [ANN]: Vim Shortcuts for Nautilus (Proof-of-concept)

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Jul 11 15:16:28 EDT 2012

Version 0.2 (proof-of-concept)... Normal (ESC)/insert (i) toggle working.
Still only one normal mode shortcut (dd), but they should mostly be easy to
add (see below)...

* Disable toggling text cursor with mode. Paragraph will have to be
refactored to allow per-Morph cursor styles
* Fix normal/insert mode toggling. Now works per-morph
	The only normal mode shortcut so far is dd (delete line), but it should be
simple to add most of them. The only ones I'm not sure about are multiples,
like 3dd. I'm not sure if you can do regex shortcuts with Keymapping (e.g.
'\d*' asRegexShortcut, $d asShortcut, $d asShortcut)
* Load Pharo Slice 6300, if not present

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> In Pharo 2.0:
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/VimPharo';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfVimPharo';
>     load
>
> ConfigurationOfVimPharo project development load.

1. open a Nautilus browser
2. In the code pane, press escape to enter Vim command mode
3. Press the d key twice to delete the current line
4. Press the i key and you will be back in insert mode (the usual Pharo
mode)