[Pharo-project] making Apache serve .mcz files in the proper mode

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue Jul 10 09:32:34 EDT 2012

Well I have run into a strange problem using Linux.
I've prepared a directory on my Server to hold .mcz files.
So far so good.

Now with Pharo 1.3 this files are properly loaded and save.
with 1.4 I got errors about readStream that is nil
or an bitOr: missing in Character.

Someone wrote the .mcz file must be served as zip files.
If I'm running file on an .mcz file this is properly recogniced:
WebContfakt-FriedrichDominicus.76.mcz:               Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

but apache seems to serve this files as text.

I checked the first few bytes of the .mcz files and
found: PK\C\D that is PK\3\4

I modified the magic file for apache to cope with it:
0               string                  PK\003\004              application/x-zip

But still I run into trouble. So does anyone know how to properly
configure Apache 2 that this files are properly served?

Thanks
Friedrich