[Pharo-project] [ANN]: Vim Shortcuts for Nautilus (Proof-of-concept)

Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 07:48:47 EDT 2012

If I were you, I would have put all the VIM shortcut in one class, instead of putting them around but :)

For the attachment, the solution could be to attach simultaneously several shortcuts category.
Like that, you could add yours in a specific context, and remove them.

An ugly solution right now could be to duplicate all the NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts entries, and to switch between NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts and VIMShortcuts.

A kind of hack could be:

AbstractNautilusUI class>>buildInsertModeKeymappingsOn: aBuilder
	<keymap>
	(KMRepository default categoryForName: #NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts) keymaps do: [:km |
		(aBuilder shortcut: (km name, 'VIM') asSymbol)
			category: VimInsertModeShortcuts
			default: km shortcut
			do: km action ].

	(aBuilder shortcut: #commandMode)
		category: #NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts "#VimInsertModeShortcuts"
		default: Character escape asShortcut
		do: [ :target |
			Editor dumbbellCursor: true.
			target sourceTextArea changed.
			target sourceTextArea attachKeymapCategory: #VimCommandModeShortcuts ].

It's kind of a hack, but like that you ensure to have the same shortcuts in the midtime

Ben