[Pharo-project] StartupPreferences

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 04:16:19 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com>wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> Can any of the script lookup logic from 2.0 be ported to 1.4?

Migrate everything (the new logic and all the last improvements) is too
much. Mostly because I don't have time and because it is not a dead or
alive bug. In fact, it was never before and people never complained ;)
What you COULD do if you want is to just do this:

> StartupPreferences doesn't seem very useful if only the image folder is
> checked,

Why it only searches in the image folder?

buildActionList

    "First, we look at image folder,
    then we look at preferences folder,
    and finally at general preferences folder "

    ^  OrderedCollection new
        add: [ self lookInImageDirectory ];
        add: [self lookInPreferencesFolder ];
        add: [self lookInGeneralPreferencesFolder ];
        yourself.

it should check there (the version that is in 1.4). The only reason this
version would stop searching in other places is if it did find something.
When it finds something, it stops searching (in 2.0 it contiues and
executes all the ones that are found).

given that the initial use case was for working in many fresh
> images.

+99

> - S

Mariano